Nov 24, 2015

Setting a Simple & Easy Thanksgiving Table



As the end of the year quickly approaches, it brings no greater joy than the opportunity to give thanks and celebrate good cheer! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it brings the whole family together to laugh, enjoy each other’s company, and to be thankful for all of life’s true blessings.

I recently had the opportunity to assist a very special client with prepping and decorating her family’s brand new home to host Thanksgiving.  The Thanksgiving table is arguably the most important focal point of any Thanksgiving dinner or party; it’s where the whole family gathers and where everyone feels “at home”. The result was a beautifully decorated dinner table with just the right touches to bring in the charming elements of fall!


I chose to go with an easy and affordable styling option, as this client wanted an informal setting for her guests.  I started with a simple and easy DIY center piece. I found a great little wooden box from Michaels and layered in foliage, greenery, and pine cones to add in an element of fall.


I knew that I wanted to use a gold and white theme to accent the dark wood of the table and give it a nice contrast. I found the gold-rimmed plates and gold chargers at Dollar Tree Direct, and by the way, if you've never checked out this site you have no idea what you're missing out on! I added crisp white dinner napkins and tied them with gold ribbon, added pine cone accents and these sweet hang tags from Evermine which can be customized to your liking. 

I spruced up the look by flanking two glass vases on both sides of the table. I added long floral stems to each of the vases and filled them with pine cones to stabilize it, and voila! Now you have a really simple, easy, and super affordable tablescape for Thanksgiving! If you're looking to create a more formal setting you can add flatware and wine glasses to each place setting.


*blog post courtesy of Chári at ChicHomeStyle. For more of her home decor inspiration checkout her website and follow her on Instagram @chichomestyle

9 comments:

Great post! I will have to check out that website you mentioned, it sounds amazing. Beautiful table setting as well!!

Thanks Daraka! Yes, you'll have to definitely check it out. It's Dollar Tree's best kept secret :).

This looks amazing! You are extremely talented and I love your affordable creativity.

Love the table setting!!!! Great post:)

This comment has been removed by the author.

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing all the tips and where to get great bargains! KeyCo Marie

Oh my gosh...Chari! Awesome post! Such a gorgeous tablescape, and I'm flipping out over those gold chargers! Hahahaha...I'll be ordering 15 of them today!! That is so very cool. You are awesome..and I'm so happy that you are here with us! <3

Thank you all so much for the kind words and for reading! I'm happy to have this platform to share my work and knowledge with so many different people. I'm blessed for this opportunity and extremely grateful! Thank you all for your support

The table setting looks great and I especially like that it was budget friendly. Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...