Jan 4, 2016

Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup

Ham and Potato Soup

 


I have to say that we’ve been pretty lucky in the Buffalo area this winter. We’ve hardly had a winter at all..in fact, I think that we set some sort of record for the warmest December since sometime in the 1800’s!
And…having said all that, I woke up this morning to the harsh slap in the face of the cold reality of lake effect snow and bitter cold. And while I was clearing the snow off of my car, the wind whipped the snow back into my face..and then when I turned the other way, the snow still flew into my face, taking my breath away (and not in the romantic way) , and my freshly curled hair was wet and wilted by the time I was finished…I was thinking that it would be really nice to have something delicious simmering in the slow cooker all day..A stick to your ribs, warm you to the core, meal. Something like this ham and potato soup.
Yeah..most definitely a hot bowl of soup.
Imagine. Curling up under a blanket with a bowl of this piping hot soup.
Ham and potato soup is definitely a comforting meal that can be thrown in the slow cooker in just a few minutes in the morning…and ready for when you get home at night! The aroma of ham and bacon tickles your senses the moment you walk in the door… and continues with every spoonful, while the potatoes and cabbage add a butteriness to the soup that makes you keep wanting to take “just one more bite” …

Blog post courtesy of Prudy at Butter, Basil, & Breadcrumbs.  Head over to her blog for more delicious recipes!

1 comments:

PERFECT recipe for the cooler winter months....love this Prud!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...