Apr 20, 2016

Coconut Lazy Day Cake


There is one ingredient that I regrettably tend to forget about. I always have it on hand in my freezer, but I never think to use it…
Coconut.
I don’t know why I don’t think of it because I do love it…but it’s always such a special treat when I finally pull it out of the freezer and throw it on a cake, or cookies… or a bunch or two…or three… straight to my mouth.
And I like it simple. If I’m going to eat coconut, I want it to be the star of the show, not some back up singer to pineapple or banana, you know? So a simple white cake with a sugar glaze, topped with plain coconut is just fine by me!


This recipe is just the simple Busy Day Cake adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I’ve changed it up (of course) to suit my taste, because I found that if I use the full 2/3 cup of sugar that it calls for in the book, it is way too sweet. Again, let the coconut be the star of the show, and it’s natural sweetness shines with this not too sweet cake. The sugar glaze gives a fun initial crunch before sinking into the moistness of the cake!
This Coconut Lazy Day Cake is truly one of my favorites. And it lives up to its name, Lazy Day Cake, because it is such a quick and easy cake, it’s perfect for those days when you want cake, but don’t want to commit to the time and effort for it, because you don’t have the time… or like me… you’re just feeling lazy. And that’s definitely okay with me.

Head on over to Prudy's blog to print the full COCONUT LAZY DAY CAKE recipe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...