Dec 4, 2015

Homemade Egg Nog Shooters




When my husband and I first met, we realized we had tons in common.  Amongst other things was our appreciation for Tequila.  Don’t get me wrong, we certainly were not going out every week and having shots till we passed out, it was just really nice that we both had an affinity for the taste of hard liquor.  Shortly after that discovery, I found out he was a shot glass collector. OK, he was the one.

We continued to add to his collection and have all sorts of shot glasses. Some are really sweet and some are quite inappropriate, the sassy ones are by far the best.
I had this vision that because we loved Tequila so much, we’d start having little tasting parties.
I saw myself being blindfold by a friend, taking a first sip with my pinky up (of course) and knowing it was reposado.  What a dream!

It’s been a few years since then, the party hasn’t happened, my friends still hate Tequila and my allergies flared from the mere thought of opening up that cabinet. Yikes.  

I figured if not for Tequila, then Rum!   I made these Eggnog shooters that are semi healthy, easy to make, the perfect portion and will allow me to bring a few glasses out.  While I do I buy eggnog from my local grocery store, I’m not quite entirely happy with the taste.  I find it to be somewhat heavy and overly concentrated.  If you’re in the mood for something delish and a bit lighter, then this recipe has your name all over it.    




******Blog post courtesy of Keila at Home & Hydrangeas. Head on over to her blog for the complete recipe, and more mouth watering photos!

3 comments:

Keila.....these ROCK & I'm definitely making these this Christmas!!!!

These are amazing!!!!! Sooo making these!

I had eggnog for the very first time Monday night. I went back and bought 4 cartons! :-) Will definitely be trying this recipe!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...