Dec 4, 2015

Holiday Hot Cocoa Station!



Thanksgiving was a success and now we are in full on Christmas! This is such a magical time of the year. There are festive and pretty decor items abound, warm hearts and warm mugs of hot cocoa.
Nothing says "welcome to my home" more than a sweet and functional little hot cocoa station for your holiday guests.


When I say I could't love my new Farmhouse Plate Rack more, I truly mean it! I was so happy to bring this gorgeous farmhouse piece to my table on Thanksgiving as a plate and mug holder for desserts. I new it would be perfect to use as a portable hot cocoa station, and I was right! Most of the items I used for the display (besides the super cute mini mugs from Sur La Table) I found at the Dollar Store......seriously. 

I printed this super cute Hot Cocoa Station printable and displayed it in a black frame. I added small clear jars containing cinnamon sticks, caramels, soft peppermint squares, and peppermint sticks. I also displayed festive red & white paper straws in a clear dairy jar that I found at Michaels. 


I knew I wanted to elevate the display a bit by dressing up plain stir sticks, and snowflakes came to mind. I picked up a package of ten mini snowflake ornaments at the Dollar Store, removed the hanging hook, and used hot glue to adhere each snowflake to the wood stir stick. What a fun Christmas touch!


A hot cocoa station isn't complete without marshmallows for dipping! I dipped the bottom of each marshmallow into melted white chocolate, then dusted with red sugar sprinkles.


Happy Holidays to you & yours! 



****Post provided by Collette Osuna from Spindle & Rye blog****

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...