Nov 9, 2015

Pork & Beans & Wieners


While I was giving my father a hug as I was leaving to go home a few weeks ago, he said:
“You know what you should make for your blog sometime, Pru?” 
“What’s that?” I asked him. 
“Pork & Beans and Wieners” he replied. 
I laughed, because at the time, I guess I didn’t think that pork and beans and wieners was blog worthy.
But the more I thought about it, the more it became important to me, because he is important to me.
First of all…This is my father’s all time favorite meal. I bet you that he’d eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 24/7. I know he would. So, how could I deny him his blog request?
Secondly… let’s face it. This is a meal that I grew up on, and I’m sure that many of you have grown up on, too.
I love this meal. For me, it’s comfort. And isn’t that what my blog is really all about? Comfort?
Simple? Rustic? Delish?
So, this one is for you Pa. Your most favorite meal ever.
Oh, and I’ll be at your house around 1pm today to drop it off. 
I love you.

*Blog post courtesy of Prudy at Butter Basil & Breadcrumbs. Head on over to her blog to see more amazing recipes & food photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...