Nov 10, 2015

Bedroom Makeover!

Spare Bedroom Makeover


A few weeks ago I decided to go antiquing on a whim. A favorite past time of mine. :) I came across the most beautiful vintage iron bed for only fifty bucks! Score! It was exactly what I had in mind for this room, but I'd never been able to find one at the right price. I guess it was my lucky day!
When we first moved into the farmhouse we had Baker's nursery temporarily set up in this room. And by "temporarily set up" I mean he had a crib and changing table surrounded by piles of boxes and other random things. And we nailed up some cheap black-out curtains from Walmart over the windows. Yes - nailed. It wasn't pretty. But, we transformed one of the upstairs bedrooms into a really cool nursery and once we moved Baker in I was able to slowly clear out the room and get a clean-slate vision for the space. 
We wanted to make the room feel both comfortable and inviting for our guests by incorporating soft, casual textures and authentic farmhouse style. We were able to complete the room on a tight budget, as well, by recycling pieces we already owned and scouting out the local trade pages. I found a beautiful antique armoire for only $85 and the bed linens were purchased from Ikea and Target. We also made our own curtain rods and hardware and used drop cloths as curtains. All very accessible and affordable if you're feeling inspired! 
Want to come visit? Come check in at The Inn at Stillwater Farm :)
 
*Blog post courtesy of Lauren at Little White House Blog. To see this amazing room makeover, head on over to her blog! 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...