Nov 10, 2015

Nursery Makeover!






Nursery Makeover

 

We knew we wanted to create a fun new room for Baker when we moved and I immediately started brainstorming design ideas that could transition with him as he grows, but also stay true to the farmhouse style of our home. I wanted the bones to be timeless. A space that maybe even by the time he's old enough to move out (cue the waterworks!!!) we could use as an office or something for ourselves. Kid's rooms and play rooms are SO fun! I feel like I can push my own boundaries a little and step outside my comfort zone. I could dream up spaces for children all day long! (Anyone remember Trading Spaces - Kids Edition?!)

So, he's been in his new room for several months, but it took quite a while to find the perfect finishing touches. For me interior design is all about the details and I'll probably tweak this room over and over and over just like I do the rest of our house. We partnered with the adorable East Plum shop who provided some of the cutest accessories. You absolutely have to check them out! If I had to describe the look of the new nursery I would call it industrial farmhouse chic with a touch of vintage school house flair. Is that a thing? Bahaha! Well, I say it is. So, it is.
Do you guys remember looking through the second level before photos? No? Well, here you go. HOLY GREEN CARPET FOR DAYS. Not to mention, this small bedroom had THREE doors and a window crammed in there. Hello, claustrophobia. 
 
 *Blog post courtesy of Lauren at Little White House Blog. Head on over to her blog to see the complete nursery transformation!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...