Nov 10, 2015

How to Make "White" Warm & Cozy

 
 
 
IMG_2899
 
One comment I get all the time from people who come by the Shady Grove is “With white walls, white floors, white furniture, white cabinets, white ceilings… it still feels so warm and cozy!”
I’m not a professional decorator but I just know if something “feels” right…you know what I mean?  I love a clean and clutter free house but I want it to feel like a home.  I try to keep all the big ticket items in my home as neutral as possible because I tend to get tired of things quickly.  How can I change things up easily and on a budget?  I have found that fabric is the key!  I have tried to incorporate soft pillows, quilts and curtains in my decor to help add some softness and personality.
Let’s look at some of the areas of the Shady Grove where pillows have not only added some pops of color but some much needed softness.


IMG_2908

Let’s look at some of the areas of the Shady Grove where pillows have not only added some pops of color but some much needed softness.

Pillows on an all white sofa are great for adding your personality and giving people something soft to snuggle with while they are watching their favorite show or taking a little afternoon nap.  I try to use only feather pillows because they are soft, they don’t get lumpy and they fluff nicely.

*Blog post courtesy of Wendy at Life on the Shady Grove. Head on over to her blog to continue reading this post and for more home decor inspiration.

2 comments:

Wendy sure knees how to make a home feel welcoming and oh so cozy!

I LOVE red checked anything. I want to come read a book in your house! very inviting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...