Nov 10, 2015

Benjamin Moore: 2016 Color of the Year


I'm not sure about you, but I was "over the moon" when I heard the news that the Benjamin Moore Color of the Year for 2016 is "Simply White".


 2015 was the year that I turned my home from "builder beige" into a white wonderland. I had my home built and never really gave the paint color a second thought until I realized that dark beige gets old.......fast. It doesn't really lend itself well to a more neutral decor color palette. I spent a good part of the year rolling up my sleeves, grabbing my white paint can and transforming a few rooms, one by one. I was able to re-paint my entire kitchen, Great Room and main entry hallway a beautiful shade of soft white.

Many people ask if I get tired of the color being so white, and honestly, the answer is a definite "no". It is the perfect neutral background for all decor types and allows you to add "pops of color" with your accessories and window treatments. It's always easier (and way less work) to change out accessories then dragging out the paint ladder and re-painting an entire space. Besides, it's way more fun!



I'm going to be painting additional rooms in my home white this upcoming year and will definitely be adding Benjamin Moore Simply White to my list of "go to" paint colors.

What is your current favorite paint color and why? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

2 comments:

Comfort Gray is one of my all time favorites and Sea Salt (on the same color swatch) by Sherwin Williams. Comfort Gray is the exterior of my house and was in my son's nursery, the color looked so different in both places. The color is more of a robin's egg blue than gray. It goes with all my neutrals.

I used Sea Salt in my laundry room and our master bathroom. Just a very calm and relaxing color.

I agree Julie!! I love neutrals and have re-painted much of my lower level this past year....such a great way to add pops of color with accessories!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...